In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Nov. 20 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and administrative assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Oct. 30 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The directors report was reviewed and approved.
5. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker and its impact on the co-op’s financial position. No changes will be made to the tracker at this time.
6. Seibert provided directors an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC. Make-ready reports are being finalized and a buildout timeline is being established.
7. A director system tour has been scheduled for January.
8. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert and Director Randy Kleaving attended an IEC legislative dinner on Nov. 18.
b. Seibert reported capital credit retirement checks for 1994 were mailed Nov. 5. The notice of unclaimed funds for 1990-1992 will be published on Nov. 25. Unclaimed funds from 1979-1983 become permanent equity of the cooperative as of Dec. 1.
c. Seibert informed the board the co-op participated in projects at Perry Central and Nancy Hanks schools for the IEC Community Day on Nov. 1.
d. Seibert reported Hoosier Energy CEO Donna Walker visited Southern Indiana Power on Nov. 20. Walker plans to attend the Jan. 29, 2020, board meeting as well.
e. Seibert reviewed the following upcoming meeting dates: IEC Annual meeting, Dec. 9-10; employee Christmas party, Dec. 14; NRECA CEO conference, Jan. 12-15; and NRECA annual meeting, March 1-4.
9. Seibert reported a safety meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Nov.21. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
10. Seibert and the board discussed the cooperatives next strategic planning session. The board determined the next strategic planning session will be held in 2021.
11. A budget committee meeting has been scheduled for Monday, Dec. 16.
12. Chairman Jeff Vogel was selected delegate and Director Gary Waninger alternate for the NRECA annual meeting to be held March 1-4.
13. Director G. Waninger was selected delegate and Chairman Vogel alternate to the NRUCFC annual meeting to be held in conjunction with the NRECA annual meeting.
14. Director G. Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Nov. 13.
15. Director training information was provided to the board.
16. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Dec. 18.