In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Sept. 27 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Aug. 30 board meeting minutes and special board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC, reviewing take rates for the project.
7. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert presenting the following items:
- a. Seibert reported on a UUS patronage capital credit check.
- b. Seibert informed the board of PSC capital credit allocations.
- c. Seibert reported on IEC Group Dynamics training.
- d. Seibert reviewed the 2022 CFC Key Ratio Trend Analysis report.
- e. Seibert reported the following upcoming meeting dates: Sen. Messmer, Sept. 28; IEC groundbreaking, Sept. 29; employee flu shot clinic, Oct. 19; IEC Legislative Dinner, Nov. 20; IEC Annual Meeting, Dec. 4–5.
8. Seibert reported on two safety meetings held in September. Robert White, safety and risk management instructor with IEC, conducted de-energizing lines for employee protection safety training on Sept. 18. Cory Berg, training and safety, and Hoosier Energy conducted substation training on Sept. 25. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
9. Director David Lynch was selected voting delegate and Director Gary Waninger alternate to the 2023 Indiana Electric Cooperatives Annual Meeting to be held Dec. 4–5.
10. Director Randy Kleaving was elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Indiana Electric Cooperatives director for 2024.
11. Director Waninger reported on the NRECA regional meeting held Sept. 6–7.
12. Director Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy board meeting held Sept. 11.
13. Seibert reported on an IEC legislative event held Sept. 18.
14. Director Waninger reported on the Co-Bank Energy Directors Conference held July 25–26.
15. Director training information was provided to the board.
16. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Oct. 25, at 7 p.m.