In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the July 19 board meeting.
1. All directors were present. Also present were CEO Steve Seibert, Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton and Journeyman Lineman Clint Heeke.
2. As the first item of business, Heeke provided an inspiring presentation about his experience in Guatemala as a part of the Project Indiana team. Heeke thanked CEO Seibert and the board for the opportunity to participate in the project.
3. The June 29, 2023, board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The director’s reports were reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
7. The CEO report was given, with Seibert reporting the following items:
- a. Seibert reported on the open apprentice lineman position at the cooperative.
- b. Seibert informed the board a retiree luncheon is being planned for Aug. 24.
- c. Seibert updated the board on a potential Bandon substation project.
- d. Seibert reviewed articles appearing in Indiana Connection magazine.
- e. Seibert discussed June 29 storm damage.
- f. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: Co-Bank Energy Director’s Conference, July 24–26; Annual Meeting Committee, July 28; Policy and Bylaw Committee, July 28; IEC Director’s Retreat, July 29–30; and NRECA Regional Meeting, Sept. 6–8.
8. Greg Pemberton, safety and risk management instructor with IEC, provided chainsaw safety training on July 11. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
9. CEO and board evaluation forms were distributed.
10. A Wage and Salary Committee meeting has been scheduled for Aug. 23.
11. Director Gary Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy Board meeting held July 10.
12. The next regularly scheduled board of directors’ meeting will be Wednesday, Aug. 30.