In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Nov. 30 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
- The Oct. 20 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
- Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker and its impact on the co-op’s financial position. No changes will be made to the tracker at this time.
- The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert updated directors on the city of Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert and Directors Gary Waninger and Randy Kleaving attended an IEC legislative meeting Nov. 21.
c. Seibert reported on 2016 member information meeting attendance results.
d. Lineman Travis Goffinet has been selected for Project Indiana scheduled for March 12-27.
e. Seibert reported capital credit retirement checks for 1988-89 were mailed Nov. 18. The notice of unclaimed funds for 1979-83 was published on Nov. 17.
f. Seibert has been named to the Spencer County chamber board.
g. Seibert informed the board Camiren Zellers and Jace French are recipients of the 2016 IEC Youth Power and Hope Awards.
h. Seibert reviewed the following upcoming meeting dates: IEC legislative meeting: Dec. 1, IEC annual meeting: Dec. 5-6, and employee Christmas party: Dec. 9.
- Seibert reviewed a revised CEO succession plan with the board.
- John Bullock, training and safety specialist at Hoosier Energy, conducted solar site training on Nov. 14. Chuck Tiemann, senior risk management/regulatory consultant with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted grounding and lock out tagout safety training and accident investigation review on Nov. 22. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- Seibert reviewed the Avoided Rate for Small Power Generation Systems rate schedule with the board.
- Seibert discussed action plans of the 2016-17 strategic plan indicating item progress.
- A budget committee meeting has been scheduled for Friday, Dec. 16.
- Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Nov. 14.
- The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Dec. 28.