In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Aug. 31 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present were Youth Tour participants Lucas Montgomery and Emma Hanebutt.
- The July 26 and Aug. 24 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
- The board approved a resolution for the cooperative to become a member of CoBank.
- The first item of new business was a presentation by our Youth Tour participants.
- The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert provided an update on the city of Tell City’s annexation plans.
b. Seibert reported there will be a dedication for the Hoosier Energy 1 MW solar array project on Oct. 5.
c. Seibert discussed Hoosier Energy’s 2015 Residential Rate Survey.
d. Seibert reviewed CFC’s 2015 Key Ratio Trend Analysis (KRTA) pointing out several ratios for discussion.
e. Seibert informed directors Perry County Port Authority has withdrawn a request for a RUS REDLEG loan.
f. Seibert provided directors an example of a load curtailment plan for a 3 MW load shed.
g. Seibert reported the cooperative received a certificate of dissolution for SERVCO, LLC.
h. Seibert informed the board he met with RUS Field Representative Mike Norman to discuss the co-op’s 2014-2017 work plan progress.
i. Seibert informed directors of the following dates — NRECA regional meeting: Sept. 8-9; Perry County Chamber annual picnic: Sept. 8; Washington, D.C., legislative meeting: Sept. 13; employee cookout: Sept. 20.
- Terry Adkins, senior loss control/risk management specialist with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, provided job briefings and worksite traffic control safety training on Aug. 30. Seibert advised there were no lost-time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- Seibert discussed the Hoosier Energy wholesale power cost tracker with the board. There will be no changes to member rates at this time.
- Seibert and directors Michelle Lynch and Dirk Stein reported on a marketing committee meeting held July 29. The board approved the committee’s recommendation of a new mission statement and tag line.
- Seibert and directors Lynch, Gary Waninger, Randy Kleaving and Philip Meyer reported on an annual meeting committee meeting held Aug. 26. The 2017 annual meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 18, and will once again be held at Spencer County Youth and Community Center in Chrisney. The 2017 meeting will follow the same picnic style format as this year.
- Recommendations from the wage and salary committee were presented by Committee Chairman Kevin Waninger and approved by the board.
- Gary Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Aug. 8.
- Kleaving reported on the Indiana Electric Cooperatives board meeting held Aug. 19.
- Chairman Jeff Vogel read thank you notes from Spencer County Hospice, Perry County Development Corporation, Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana and two members thanking the linemen for their service.
- The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Sept. 28.