To keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the March 31 board meeting.
1. All directors were present telephonically. CEO Steve Seibert and administrative assistant Lisa Hinton were present in person. Also present telephonically were Hoosier Energy employees, CEO Donna Walker, Executive Vice President Tom VanParis and COO Rob Horton. SIP accountant Amy Ramsey, Earl Ridlen of the auditing firm LWG and SIP attorney Chris Goffinet were also present telephonically.
2. The Jan. 29 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. February directors’ reports were reviewed.
5. Walker, VanParis and Horton gave an update focusing on topics including Hoosier Energy’s long-range resource plan and measures Hoosier Energy is taking for the COVID-19 pandemic.
6. Ridlen of LWG reviewed the 2019 audit report in detail. After review, the board approved the 2019 audit report as presented.
7. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
8. Goffinet discussed annual meeting options due to the coronavirus pandemic with the directors.
9. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reviewed the cooperative’s pandemic work schedule with the board.
b. Seibert informed the board of patronage capital allocations and retirements from Hoosier Energy and CFC.
c. Seibert reported he and Director Randy Kleaving attended a meeting with Sen. Braun on Feb. 28.
d. Seibert informed the board that he, Chairman Jeff Vogel and Director Dirk Stein attended the Spencer County Chamber dinner on March 12.
e. Seibert reported he attended an event with Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch and Rep. Stephen Bartels on March 14.
f. Seibert reported April 13 is National Lineman Appreciation Day, and April 22 is National Administrative Professionals Day.
i. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: Operation Round Up board of trustees (to be held telephonically) — April 1 and CFC Forum — June 15-17.
10. Chuck Tiemann, senior risk management/regulatory compliance at IEC, performed basic life support, basic first aid, AED and bloodborne pathogen training on Feb. 24 and defensive driving safety training on March 6. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
11. A motion was made, seconded and carried by the board to approve the retirement of 1995 capital credit allocations in 2020.
12. Director Gary Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held March 25.
13. Vogel reported on the NRECA annual meeting held March 2-4.
14. G. Waninger reported on the NRUCFC annual meeting held in conjunction with the NRECA Annual Meeting.
15. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be held Wednesday, April 29.