In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Aug. 30 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The July 19 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
7. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
- a. Seibert reported on a potential MISO capacity emergency on Aug. 24.
- b. Seibert reviewed the EPA’s proposed regulations on new and existing power plants.
- c. Seibert discussed quotes for a HVAC upgrade at the cooperative.
- d. Seibert reported two new apprentice linemen will begin at the cooperative on Sept. 5 — Jarrett Hawhee and Grant Miller.
- e. Seibert informed the board that five linemen assisted Dubois REC with recent storm restoration — Travis Goffinet, Matt Glenn, Jim Applegate, Eric Faulkenberg and Clint Heeke.
- f. Seibert reported three linemen participated in the IEC Lineman Rodeo in August — Travis Goffinet, Clint Heeke and Jim Applegate.
- g. Seibert informed the board patronage capital checks were received from CFC, Pioneer Utility Resources and NRTC.
- h. Seibert reported on a Newtonville substation outage.
- i. Seibert informed the board that right-of-way spraying is complete for 2023.
- j. Seibert reported a retiree luncheon was held on Aug. 24.
- k. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: NRECA Regional Meeting, Sept. 6–8; IEC Legislative Dinner, Nov. 21; IEC Annual Meeting, Dec. 4–5.
8. Jon Elkins, vice president of safety, training and compliance with IEC, conducted rubber PE care, use and selection/inspection training on Aug. 4. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
9. Seibert discussed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker with the board. The board approved to pass through a tracker increase of $0.28 per 1,000 kWh, effective Oct. 1.
10. Director Gary Waninger and Seibert reported on a Policy & Bylaw Committee meeting held July 28.
11. Seibert reported on an Annual Meeting Committee meeting held July 28.
12. Director Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Aug. 14.
13. Director Randy Kleaving reported on the Indiana Electric Cooperative board meeting held Aug. 16.
14. Recommendations from the Wage & Salary Committee were presented by Committee Chairman Dirk Stein and approved by the board.
15. Information regarding upcoming director training was provided to the board.
16. Chairman Jeff Vogel reviewed thank-you notes from Hoosier Heights Country Club, PCDC, Everbody’s Fitness, Becky Cronin, Dubois REC, Tom & Sarah Brown, NRECA COO Jeffrey Connor and Kayda Morris.
17. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Sept. 27.