To keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the April 29 board meeting.
1. All directors were present telephonically. Also present telephonically were CEO Steve Seibert, Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum and Accountant Amy Ramsey.
2. The March 31 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The January, February and March financials were reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
7. Ramsey reviewed the IRS Form 990 with directors.
8. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert updated the board on the pandemic work schedule the cooperative will be following.
b. Seibert discussed the SIP tracker and rate design changes effective April 1.
c. Seibert provided an update on the April 21 annual meeting reporting 1,162 members registered by mail. Due to an uncontested election, Directors Gary Waninger and Dirk Stein were re-elected by acclimation to districts 3 and 4 respectively, both for three-year terms. Prize winners will be contacted and will be listed in the June issue of Indiana Connection.
d. Seibert reported the 2019 Form 7 is complete.
e. Seibert reported on a Perry County Port Authority bridge project.
f. Seibert informed the board the Youth Tour to Washington, D.C., and Touchstone Energy Camp have both been canceled due to the pandemic.
g. Seibert reported the CoBank Energy Director’s Conference is scheduled for July 13-15.
h. Seibert informed directors of upcoming meeting dates: NRECA annual meeting, March 1-4; Spencer County chamber dinner, March 14; Operation Round Up board of trustees meeting, April 1; and Hoosier Energy annual meeting, April 2.
9. Seibert discussed the Paycheck Protection program with the board.
10. The board approved an agreement with SIP, IMPA, the city of Tell City and the Tell City Electric Department relating to the provision of electric service to the Tell City 2 Solar Park located within SIP’s service territory.
11. The 2020 Southern Indiana Power annual meeting was reviewed. The board approved Tuesday, April 20, as the 2021 annual meeting date.
12. Due to the pandemic, a safety meeting was not held in April. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
13. The board approved 2019 capital credit allocations as presented by Seibert.
14. Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum was appointed assistant secretary/treasurer to the board of directors for 2020.
15. The board approved a corporate donation to United Way.
16. Director Gary Waninger reported on the Operation Round Up board of trustees meeting held April 1. Twelve grants totaling $18,240, and seven scholarships totaling $3,500 were awarded.
17. The board approved Operation Round Up board of trustee nominations of Gary Waninger, Ed Denning and Amy Ramsey. Each will serve a three-year term.
18. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be Wednesday, May 27.