Spring is the perfect time to schedule a tune-up so you can beat the summer rush, when the pros are busiest!
Have your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system serviced once per year by a certified technician. He or she will inspect your system for signs of leaks, problems with electrical connections and wiring, and efficient thermostat operation.
The HVAC unit uses a lot of energy in your home. Getting the HVAC unit serviced can help save on the energy bill and decrease the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning on gas heating units.
Checklist for HVAC Tune-Up
- Check and adjust blower motor and belts
- Test thermostat and review settings
- Change and inspect air filter
- Lubricate for all moving parts
- Check and straighten fins
- Tighten electrical connections
- Clean the condensation drain
- Measure refrigeration levels and charge as needed
- Clean coil
- Check and clean burners
- Check carbon monoxide levels
- Check contacts and relays for wear
- Inspect pressure and temperature
- Inspect safety devices and controls
- Test emergency shut offs
- Inspect ductwork
- Inspect heat exchanger for leaks and cracks