Operation Round up is a program that allows REMC members to automatically round-up their monthly bill to the next dollar. The extra few cents from each rounded up account is put into a fund that is overseen by a group of trustees who are also REMC members. Local groups, programs and organizations can apply for grants from this fund.
The most recent meeting of the Operation Round Up board of trustees was Nov. 9. During this meeting, the trustees decided that there were no changes to be made to the bylaws. After discussing the grant applications received from numerous groups and programs, the following grants were awarded:
- Orange County Cancer Patient Services received a $750 grant to help purchase gas cards for patients.
- Orleans High School – After Prom Committee received a $500 grant to help fund the 2021 After Prom program.
- Orleans Municipal Fire Department received a $611 grant to help purchase one new AED (automated external defibrillator.)
- Springs Valley Elementary School received a $1,000 grant to help fund the purchase and training of a therapy dog.
- Paoli JAG received a $750 grant to purchase items for the Clothing Closet which can be used by high school students. (JAG recently took over the Clothing Closet previously run by Hoosier Hillls PACT.)
- OBR Winter Guard received a $750 grant to help pay student fees.