Harrison REMC has been offering a time-of-use (TOU) rate option since 1988. The TOU rate is more reflective of wholesale energy costs, which are determined by two factors: an energy charge and demand charge.
The REMC’s wholesale costs are low when the demand for energy decreases (off-peak), and the costs are higher when demand increases (on-peak). The TOU rate reflects the REMC’s wholesale costs associated with these on-peak and off-peak periods. Shifting energy use to periods of low demand will reduce our power costs and allow us to pass the savings on to you.
Members who sign up for this rate and expect to save money will need to be able to shift their electric use into the off-peak hours by making lifestyle changes such as adjusting the thermostat a few degrees, changing times for drying clothes and running the dishwasher in off-peak hours. When you use other household appliances will also become a top priority. Below is a breakdown of off-peak and on-peak hours.
To sign up, or if you have questions, please call the office at 812-738-4115 or 812-951-2323.
Off-peak hours: 7.0 cents/kWh
• Summer (June-August): 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.; 12 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Fall (September-November): All hours
• Winter (December-February): 12 to 7 a.m.; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.
• Spring (March-May): All hours
On-peak hours: 28.6 cents/kWh
• Summer (June-August): 3 to 8 p.m.
• Winter (December-February): 7 to 10 a.m.; 6 to 9 p.m.