Spicy Salt and Pepper Shrimp
- 1 T. plus 1 t. kosher salt, divided
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimp in shells (21-25 per lb.)
- ¼ cup dry sherry or unsalted beef broth
- 3 T. prepared Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc cham)
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. mixed peppercorns (any combination)
- 1 T. sugar
On a cutting board, sprinkle 1 t. kosher salt over garlic cloves. Chop garlic until minced. Combine garlic with all the remaining ingredients in a glass bowl. Mix well. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat oven to 450 F. Transfer the shrimp and the marinade to a baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve shrimp immediately. May be served with stir-fried vegetables and rice.
Look for Vietnamese fish sauce in your grocer’s international food aisle.