Hot Corn Dip
- Yield: 12 (½-cup) servings
- 2 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 3½ cups fresh corn kernels, or frozen and thawed
- ½ t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup finely chopped red peppers, optional
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1–2 t. minced garlic, to taste
- ½–1 cup mayonnaise, to taste
- 4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese, dividedYields 12 (½-cup) servings.
Melt 1 T. butter in large skillet.
Add corn, salt and pepper. Cook and stir occasionally until corn turns deep golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Melt 1 T. butter and add onion (peppers) and cook, stirring often, until onion is wilted. Add green onions and garlic. Cook, stirring 2 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
Transfer to the bowl with the corn and add mayonnaise and half of each cheese. Mix well.
Pour in 8-inch baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake in preheated 350 F oven until bubbly and golden brown for 10–12 minutes. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
When fresh corn is not in season, you can substitute (thawed) frozen corn.
Nancy Jo Prue, Kentland