Green Bean and Corn Casserole
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8-oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10.75-oz.) can cream of celery soup
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
Spread green beans on the bottom of an ungreased 13×9-inch baking pan. Layer corn on top. In a separate bowl, mix cheese, onion, sour cream, water chestnuts and celery soup together. Spread over vegetables. Combine butter and crackers; sprinkle on top. Bake at 400 F for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
This is an easy casserole for Thanksgiving and contains some of our family’s favorite vegetables. Serves 6 to 8 people.
Eileen Fisse, Greensburg