In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the June 30 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present was Manager of Finance and Accounting Amy Ramsey.
2. The board approved the appointment of Kyle Knieriem to fill the district 6 vacancy left by Kevin Waninger’s resignation at the May 25 board meeting.
3. The May 25 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
4. The membership certificates were reviewed.
5. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
6. The directors’ reports were reviewed and approved.
7. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
8. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported the cooperative continues to monitor local COVID-19 data and follow CDC guidelines.
b. Seibert informed the board two spray crews are spraying in the Bristow area.
c. Seibert discussed the right-of-way budget.
d. Seibert provided a 2023-2026 work plan update.
e. Seibert reported on a RUS draw.
f. Seibert informed the board the capital credit notices will be mailed to former members on July 27. Current members of Southern Indiana Power are no longer required to complete a capital credit notice. Checks will be issued in November.
g. Seibert discussed FORE and ACRE PAC contributions.
h. Seibert reported on meetings with ATTC and Waupaca.
i. Seibert provided Indiana Connection magazine articles on rates and reliability.
j. Seibert informed the board of a Hoosier Energy Bandon substation outage.
k. Seibert reported the cooperative has a three-man team participating in the IEC Lineman Rodeo.
l. Seibert informed the board of the following meeting dates, Annual Meeting committee meeting: July 12, CFC Director workshop: July 12-13, Co-Bank Energy conference: Aug. 30-Sept. 1, NRECA Region I and IV meeting: Sept. 6-8, Southern Indiana Power strategic planning session: Nov. 17-18, and IEC annual meeting: Dec. 5-6.
9. Jon Elkins, vice president of safety training and compliance at IEC, performed bucket truck/pole top rescue safety training on June 20. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
10. Ramsey reviewed the IRS Form 990 questionnaire with directors.
11. The board approved changes to board policy #328.R2 dress code for office personnel.
12. Director Gary Waninger was selected delegate and Director Kyle Knieriem alternate to the NRECA Region I and IV meeting to be held Sept. 7-8.
13. Director Chris Burroughs was selected delegate and Director Randy Kleaving alternate to the CFC district meeting to be held Sept. 7.
14. Director Kleaving reported on an IEC board meeting held
15. Seibert and Director Waninger reported on the ACE’s Conference held June 2-3.
16. Seibert and Director Lynch reported on the CFC Forum held June 20-22.
17. Chairman Jeff Vogel shared a thank you note received from Marty Joyal.
18. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be Wednesday, July 27.