Who Can Enter
Indiana public, private, or home-schooled students in kindergarten through 12th grade during the 2021-22 school year.
- Students do not have to be consumers of a rural electric cooperative (REMC/REC).
- Artwork can be submitted by teachers, youth leaders or others as a group or class project, or by individual students or their parents or guardians.
- Students may enter as often as they wish.
How the Contest Works
Match the grade the student is in during the current (2021-22) school year to the corresponding month. Students should draw or paint a picture to illustrate their assigned month.
- 1st grade: January
- 2nd grade: February
- 3rd grade: March
- 4th grade: April
- 5th grade: May
- 6th grade: June
- 7th grade: July
- 8th grade: August
- 9th grade: September
- 10th grade: October
- 11th grade: November
- 12th grade: December
Kindergarten students will create the cover art. There is no theme for the cover: any subject, season, event, etc., is acceptable.
How Artwork Should Be Submitted
Drawings should be no larger than 11×14 inches and no smaller than 8×10 inches. (Paintings on canvas can be larger.) Drawings on white or light-colored paper will reproduce best. Do not use ruled notebook paper.
- The artwork can be most any medium as long as the art is relatively flat. Charcoal and pastel drawings should be sprayed with a fixative. Do not use glitter, sand, liquids, or other elements that can flake off or otherwise damage the works of other students. No photographic process, digitally-created or digitally-manipulated art, metallic or fluorescent paints may be used in the finished, submitted art entry.
- Artwork in the horizontal or “landscape” position best fits the wall calendar’s format.
- The artwork should be stand-alone artwork; do not include the name of the month, days of the week or calendar dates into the art itself.
- Submit the original artwork. Judges will not consider photocopies.
- Do not mount, mat or frame artwork.
- Do not fold or crease artwork.
- Please do not submit artwork from previous years.
Artwork must be at the Indianapolis office of Indiana Connection by 3 p.m., Friday, March 18, 2022. Mailing address: 8888 Keystone Crossing, Suite 1600, Indianapolis, IN 46240. (Please do not drop off artwork at your local electric cooperative office unless the local REMC/REC has announced it is accepting entries at its location or the local office has agreed to special arrangements.)
For More Details
Please contact Richard Biever or Emily Schilling at Indiana Connection, 317-487-2220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.