Honor Flight Network is a non-profit organization of almost 140 “hubs” (or chapters) across the nation that flies veterans to Washington D.C., to visit memorials built to honor their service. The hubs rely on private and corporate donations and fundraisers to allow the veterans to fly at no charge. Four hubs operate in Indiana. They are:
- Greater Lafayette Honor Flight — flies from Purdue University Airport.
Upcoming flights: Sept. 21 (for Vietnam veterans); Oct. 19 (open to WWII, Korean and Vietnam veterans).
Pam Mow: 765-430-4141;
- Honor Flight Northeast Indiana — flies from Fort Wayne International Airport.
Upcoming flights: Sept. 16; Oct. 7.
Bob Myer: 260-633-0049;
- Honor Flight of Southern Indiana — flies from Evansville Regional Airport.
Serves the Indiana counties: Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Knox, Lawrence, Martin, Orange, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh and Warrick;
Upcoming flight: Oct. 24.
Jerry Clewlow: 812-205-1066;
- Indy Honor Flight — flies from Indianapolis International Airport.
Upcoming flights: Sept. 5; Oct. 31;
General Inquiries: 317-559-1600
Other hubs serving Hoosiers are:
- Honor Flight BlueGrass — flies from Louisville and Lexington, Ky.
Stan Adler: 888-998-1941;
- Honor Flight Tri-State (Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio) — flies from Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.
Cheryl Popp: 513-277-9626;
Honor Flight, Inc.
300 E. Auburn Ave.
Springfield, OH 45505-4703