It’s finally March and we at Harrison REMC couldn’t be happier. Some of the events we’ve had to cancel the past couple of years — like the Easter Bunny visit and Earth Day document shredding event — are coming back next month! We’re looking forward to getting back out in the community and schools, too. Enhancing your lives is what we’re all about — and here are five reasons why you’ll always be our top priority.
- We love serving our members because without you, the co-op wouldn’t exist. Our purpose is to provide you with reliable, responsible and safe electricity. Simply put, Harrison REMC exists to serve you. That’s why we were formed in 1938 — to bring power to our local area when for-profit utilities would not.
- You enable us to complete our mission by supporting our efforts to give back. A major part of our mission is to serve our community and look after the greater good. With your assistance, we’re able to help the most vulnerable members of our community through food and toy drives and programs like Lend a Hand that help local families pay their energy bills when times are tough.
- Members of our co-op also serve on the board of directors. We work for you. They provide guidance for setting co-op priorities and helping make big decisions. Because our board members live in the area, they’re able to serve as the pulse of the larger community and identify immediate and long-term needs. The broader co-op membership provides helpful input through their votes in director elections and by weighing in on co-op and community issues.
- You help us get it right. Harrison REMC members are great about keeping us in the know. We do our best to avoid power outages, but Mother Nature can occasionally throw us a curveball; our members are quick to report any power disruptions and are patient as our crews work to safely restore power. We know outages are frustrating, and your support as we work through storms means so much to our employees. Your opinions are critical for the co-op’s success, and we thank you for that.
- You and other Harrison REMC members make up the community we serve — and for us, it’s all about community. Our employees live and work here too and care about our community the same way you do. As a co-op, our mission is to enhance the quality of life in our community and look after its long-term interests. We love serving our members and our local community, and just like you, want to see it continue to thrive.