Warren County remc would like to share with you more on how we are dealing with the challenges of the coronavirus (covid-19). By taking these steps we hope to protect the health and safety of our members and co-workers along with maintaining reliable and affordable services and supporting our communities.
- At the December 2019 REMC board meeting, a rate increase of 5.1% was approved by the board of directors to take place on April 1. However, because of the unusual covid-19 circumstances, the board made the decision to postpone the rate increase. The increase will now become effective June 1 and billed July 5, giving our members two more months of relief.
- There will be no late payment penalties charged to accounts at this time.
- Payments by check, money order or cash may be dropped in the deposit box on the side street next to the office or the deposit box at the front door.
- Cash payments over the amount due, will have the difference applied to the next monthly billing.
- Credit card payments can be made by calling 765-762-6114.
- Warren County REMC has temporaily suspended disconnecting electric service. These disconnect suspensions are not bill waivers. We encourage our consumer-members to pay at least a portion of their bill in a timely manner to help avoid a large multi-month balance when the pandemic is over.
- The remc annual meeting scheduled for April 1 at the Beef House in Covington has been postponed until a later date in 2020. Please stay tuned to Indiana Connection, our website and our Facebook page for further details as they become available.
- Warren County REMC has made donations of $1,000 to three of our local food pantries in the counties we serve. Please check out those resources if you are in need.
Warren County REMC is proud to be your utility company. We will continue to support our customers and communitites during this challenging time.