Orange County REMC awards scholarships and sends students to Touchstone Energy Camp and the Indiana Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. annually.
Each year, students from schools in the Orange County REMC service territory apply to receive a $750 scholarship. Congratulations to the 2017 scholarship winners.
- Krista Kirk is the daughter of Jamie and Kelley Kirk of Mitchell. She attended Mitchell High School and has been accepted to Ball State, Indiana State and University of Indianapolis.
- Kristen Wesner is the daughter of Chris and Donna Wesner of Campbellsburg. She attended West Washington High School and has been accepted to Indiana University Southeast.
- Parker Edwards is the son of Tony and Kathy Edwards of Orleans. He attended Orleans High School and has been accepted to Indiana University.
- Matthew Slaten is the son of Michael and Stacy Slaten of Valeene. He attended Paoli High School and has been accepted to Vincennes University.
- Logan Love is the son of Clark and Renee Love of Paoli. He attended Paoli High School and has been accepted to Ivy Tech Community College.
- Avery Rogers is the daughter of Cindy Lewis of Paoli. She attended Paoli High School and has been accepted to Indiana University.
Touchstone Energy Camp
Two students have been chosen to represent Orange County REMC at Touchstone Energy® Camp. Kaitlyn White, daughter of Robert and Ashley White, attends Orleans Elementary School. Kye Strother, son of MaryAnne Knapp, attends West Washington Elementary School.
The 2017 camp will be held June 7-10, at Camp Tecumseh in Brookston. Campers will participate in traditional outdoor camp activities while also experiencing interactive lessons about electric cooperatives and electric safety.
Indiana Youth Tour to Washington, D.C.
Four students have been chosen to represent Orange County REMC on the Indiana Youth Tour to Washington, D.C., from June 8-15. Makenna Purlee, daughter of Debra Bloecher, and Jennafer Pearson, daughter of Richard and Joyce Pearson, are both students at Orleans High School. Cora Miller, daughter of Tim and Stacy Miller, and Allison Brown, daughter of Doug and Tara Brown, are both students at West Washington High School.
The 2017 Youth Tour will include stops at the 9/11 Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, and Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Students will then travel to Washington, D. C., where they will visit several national memorials and museums, meet national leaders on Capitol Hill, and enjoy a night cruise on the Potomac River.