Incentives are available for residential single-family homes, including condominiums. Residential heating/cooling incentives are limited to two per primary residence.
Multi-family incentives are administered through the commercial/industrial program since equipment is purchased and owned by the building owner.
The closing date for residential rebates will be Dec. 20, 2019. Qualified enrollments after that date will receive any applicable 2020 rebates.
Air source heat pump, mini-split or dual fuel heat pump (new installation or replacement)
- Must provide 100 percent heating/cooling to the home.
- Matched AHRI (Air Conditioning Heating Refrigeration Institute) system, certificate required.
- Units that do not qualify include window heat pumps; “through-the-wall” heat pumps (hotel-type machines); and MSHPs in sunrooms, room additions or other small areas.
- Manufactured housing: Minimum 8.0 HSPF (Heating Season Performance Factor), 14.0 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) rating.
- Traditional stick-built and modular housing: minimum 9.0 HSPF, 16.0 SEER rating and multi-speed compressor heat pump: $700 rebate.
Air Source, Mini-Split or Dual Fuel Heat Pump Replacing 100% Electric Resistance Heat
- Examples: electric furnace, electric baseboard, electric ceiling cable replacement.
- Must verify unit is replacing whole-house electric resistance with no supplemental heat. Examples of non-qualifying replacement includes electric space heaters and heat pumps onlyoperating on electric resistance.
- Must provide 100 percent heating/cooling to home.
- Matched AHRI system, certificate required.
- Traditional stick-built and modular housing: Minimum 9.0 HSPF, 16.0 SEER rating.
- Manufactured housing: Minimum 8.0 HSPF, 14.0 SEER rating.
- Single-speed compressor heat pump: $750 rebate.
- Multi-speed compressor heat pump: $1,450 rebate.
- Mobile/manufactured homes defined as factory assembled, transportable, designed for transportation on own chassis, can be placed on temporary or permanent foundation and intended for year-round occupancy. (Note: Modular homes do not meet these requirements. Modular homes are considered residential single-family homes.)
Dual Fuel (fossil fuel furnace with heat pump)
- Manufactured housing: Minimum 8.0 HSPF, 14.0 SEER rating: $1,000 rebate.
- Traditional stick-built and modular housing: Minimum 9.0 HSPF, 16.0 SEER rating and multi-speed compressor heat pump: $1,000 rebate.
Geothermal heat pump
- Rebate requires a desuperheater installation for each geothermal system installed: $1,450 rebate.
- Heat pump or hybrid water heaters with a minimum 40-gallon size: $500 rebate.
- Excludes add-on heat pump units.
- Recommend Tier 2 or higher rating on NEEA’s Advanced Water Heater qualified products for northern climates — neea.org/advancedwaterheaterspec.
- $50 per appliance rebate.
- Must be a working refrigerator or freezer between 10 and 30 cubic feet.
- Residential only, no commercial.
- Limit of two appliances per household per life of the measure (five years).