When was the last time you took a hard look at your electric bill? You might just find the line that says Total Amount Due, and glance quickly over the other information. As we all look for ways to be more energy efficient and save money on our bills, understanding the details in your bill are important. If you have questions about your electric bill, call our office at 800-552-2622 and a member of our customer service team will be happy to assist you.
1) Account Activity
- Facilities Charge: The facilities fee covers operating, maintenance and administrative costs for the entire electrical distribution system.
- Load Management Credits: Participate in the PowerShift load management program by having a switch installed on your air conditioner or electric water heater, and you can receive a bill credit each month.
- E-bill/E-Newsletter Credit: Receive by email your electric bill or the Indiana Connection magazine and you will receive 50 cents per item each month.
- Sales Tax: The sales tax calculated for electricity used on your account.
- Round Up: For member-consumers who participate in Operation Round Up, the amount rounded up is added to your bill. Operation Round Up has provided over a million dollars in grants to non-profits in the community to benefit area residents.
- Total Amount Due: The balance on your account, including any past due amounts or late fees.
Your energy use can vary by month and year due to weather and your lifestyle. This chart and information on your bill provides details into the number of kWh used in the current billing period, last and exact time of the previous year. KWh is a measurement of electricity. A kilowatt-hour equals 1,000 watts of energy used for one hour. One 100-watt light bulb burning for 10 hours consumes one kilowatt-hour. The cost per kWh for a residential member is $0.09699.
3) Payment Stub
If paying your bill by mail, you can remove this portion of the bill and return it with your check. This helps us to make sure we assign payment to the correct account.
4) Important Update
Your cooperative will use this section of the bill to provide you with important information or details about your cooperative or electric service.
Learn more at kvremc.com!