Halloween is a fun time of the year for kids of all ages. There is nothing more invigorating than gearing up for trick-or-treating.
While you are trick-or-treating with your family, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Carry a flashlight.
- Walk; don’t run.
- Stay on sidewalks. If a sidewalk is not available, walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic.
- Obey traffic signals.
- Stay in familiar neighborhoods.
- Don’t cut across yards or driveways.
- Wear a watch you can read in the dark.
- Make sure costumes don’t drag on the ground
- Approach only houses that are lit.
- Stay away from and don’t pet animals you don’t know.
- Make your children eat dinner before trick-or-treating.
- Ideally, young children of any age should be accompanied by an adult.
- If older children go out on their own, know where they are going and how to reach them. Make sure your trick-or-treaters know how to reach you at all times.
To drivers of all ages, please slow down and keep an eye out for the little ghosts and goblins. Remember: They are excited and not paying attention to things going on around them.
Have a BOO-tiful and safe evening!