• Chairman Steve AmRhein called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m., and Michael Brelage kept minutes of the meeting.
• All members of the board were present. Also present were DCREMC CEO Brett Abplanalp and DCREMC staff member Jennie Meyer.
• Upon motion by Jason Barnhorst, seconded by Brian Scheidler, and carried, the agenda of the meeting was approved by unanimous vote.
• CEO Brett Abplanalp reported that the 2020 budget was started this month with a Staff Budget Retreat. He has also been continuing to work on dashboards and has been working on communication strategies with Molly McPherson.
• The financial report was given by Jennie Meyer and reviewed as presented on Call to Order. Revenue is still down but power costs are also down, and we are currently ahead of the budget. The financial report was accepted by the board as prepared and will be filed for audit.
• Jennie Meyer also reported that we have received the new bucket truck and should expect to see the bill this month.
• A motion was made by Dale Wernke, seconded by Jeff Lawrence, and carried, approving the consent agenda.
• In open action items, natural classification for the 2020 budget is being implemented and deferred liability for Hometown Energy has been investigated with a possible presentation to follow.
• A motion was made by Michael Brelage and seconded by Dale Wernke and carried, approved redline changes to the Bylaw section 4.07, 1.04, 4.04.
IEC Director and Alternate voting
• Steve AmRhein was nominated by Jason Barnhorst and seconded by Dale Wernke. Michael Brelage was nominated by Brian Scheidler and seconded by Carl Riedeman. Steve AmRhein was elected
• Michael Brelage was nominated by Jason Barnhorst and seconded by Suzanne Parmer. Jason Barnhorst was nominated by Michael Brelage and seconded by Dale Wernke.Michael Brelage was elected.
IEC Annual meeting voting Delegate and Alternate voting
• Brian Scheidler was nominated by Jason Barnhorst and seconded by Jeff Lawrence. Dale Wernke was nominated by Jason Barnhorst and seconded by Suzanne Parmer. Brian Scheidler was elected.
• Dale Wernke was nominated by Jason Barnhorst and seconded by Suzanne Parmer. Jeff Lawrence was nominated by Brian Scheidler and seconded by Carl Riedeman. Dale Wernke was elected.
• A motion was made by Jeff Lawrence, seconded by Dale Wernke and carried, to accept redline changes to Appendix A 4th Quarter.
• Upon a motion made by Brian Scheidler and seconded by Jeff Lawrence the meeting was adjourned to Director Communication Training and Executive Session at 5:52 p.m.
Moving out of Executive Session to general board meeting.
• Abpplanalp gave an update on an annual donation made to Decatur County Sports and Rec. Sport Complex. The recommendation was to approve the donation based on the impact to our local economy and the local impact to children.
• Upon a motion made by Dale Wernke, seconded by Carl Reideman and carried by a 5-1 vote, Jeff Lawrence opposing, the REMC will make a one-time donation to Decatur County Sports and Rec. for the Sport Complex (ballfields) and will be reviewed yearly.
• The board advises Parks and Rec to budget for the complex next year and instructed Brett Abplanalp to connect with them.
• The next Board Meeting will be held Oct. 23.