Metal three-shelf storage carts, which can be purchased at craft and department stores, have become a staple item in many homes. They’re relatively inexpensive, come in several colors and are easy to assemble. Since they have wheels, you can easily move them around the house if you need to.
Storage carts can serve a variety of uses. Here are several ways to incorporate carts in your home organization strategy.
- Set up a beverage stand to hold an ice bucket, glasses, a variety of beverages, napkins and straws. Voila! You’re all set to entertain guests!
- Store work-from-home supplies in your cart. It can follow you to wherever you decide to plop down with your laptop!
- In the bathroom, stock towels and washcloths, fancy soaps, body wash, bubble bath, bath toys, shampoo and conditioner.
- Crafters can store their craft materials in their cart and won’t have to worry about cluttering up a table with fabrics, paints, papers and other supplies.
- Pet owners can use the cart to store pet food, grooming and cleaning supplies, and pet toys.
- Turn your cart into a mobile baby care station. Stock it with diapers, baby wipes, diaper rash cream, burp cloths and extra onesies and swaddling blankets.
- Avid readers can create their own personal bookmobile, filling their cart with their “To Be Read” pile of books along with a booklight, reading glasses and a comfy lap blanket.
- Need more pantry space? Use your cart to store canned goods, snacks or spices.