Maintaining the areas beneath and around Kankakee Valley REMC power lines and equipment is vital to provide safe, reliable power to our member-consumers. We clear these areas — known as rights-of-way — to:
• Keep power lines free of tree limbs and other vegetation;
• Restore power outages more quickly;
• Keep crews and member-consumers of our community safe;
• Reduce unexpected costs for repairs.
Our contractors will be working in the following areas (shown in orange on the map below) in the eastern part of our service territory:
• Starke County: Center, Davis, Jackson, Oregon and Washington townships.
We appreciate your cooperation as we trim in your area. Maintaining a good right-of-way improves service reliability for you, our member-consumers!