In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Sept. 20 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Aug. 30 board meeting minutes and special board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The directors’ report was reviewed and approved.
5. The CEO report was the first order of new business. Seibert reported the following items:
a. Seibert updated directors on the city of Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert and director Gary Waninger attended an IEC legislative meeting.
c. Seibert provided an update on capital credit retirement payments.
d. Seibert gave a report on 2017 workman’s compensation insurance from Federated.
e. Seibert reported on a UUS patronage capital distribution.
f. Seibert informed directors the HEATS graduation will be held Oct. 20.
g. Seibert reported Journeyman Lineman Travis Goffinet and Meter Technician Eric Faulkenberg assisted with Hurricane Irma relief efforts.
h. Regional member information meetings will begin in October. Invitations will be sent to randomly selected members in each district.
i. Seibert informed the board the 2017 IEC Community Day will held on Oct. 13.
j. Seibert reported the following upcoming meeting dates: Operation Round Up board of trustees meeting — Oct. 18, IEC Legislative Dinner — Nov. 20, IEC Annual Meeting — Dec. 4-5.
6. Seibert presented directors with results of the 2016 CFC Key Ratio Trend Analysis (KRTA) report.
7. A motion was made, seconded and carried by the board to adopt a resolution to approve the Southern Indiana Power 2016-2036 power requirements study.
8. Scott Willett, manager of training and safety with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted URD trailer safety training on Sept. 11. John Bullock, training and safety specialist with Hoosier Energy, conducted seldom used equipment safety training on Sept. 13. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
9. Director Kevin Waninger was selected voting delegate and Director Michelle Lynch alternate to the 2017 Indiana Electric Cooperatives annual meeting Dec. 4–5.
10. Director Randy Kleaving was elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Indiana Electric Cooperatives director for 2018.
11. Director Philip Meyer reported on the NRECA regional meeting held Sept. 7–8.
12. Kleaving reported on the NRUCFC regional meeting held in conjunction with the NRECA regional meeting.
13. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 7 p.m.