In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Sept. 28 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Aug. 31 board meeting minutes and special board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC, reviewing notes from a Sept. 22 project meeting.
7. The board approved the 2022-2027 union contract.
8. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert presenting the following items:
a. Seibert reported an employee flu shot clinic will be held Oct. 6.
b. Seibert reported on CRC capital credit allocations.
c. Seibert informed the board 1997 capital credit retirement checks will be mailed Nov. 16.
d. Seibert reported fiber has been installed to all of the cooperative’s substations except the ATTC substation.
e. Seibert reviewed the 2021 CFC Key Ratio Trend Analysis report.
f. Seibert reported the following upcoming meeting dates: Southern Indiana Power strategic planning session, Nov. 17-18; IEC Legislative Dinner, Nov. 21; IEC Annual Meeting, Dec. 5-6.
9. Adam Lock, safety and risk management instructor with IEC, conducted de-energizing lines for employee protection safety training on Sept. 22. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
10. Director David Lynch was selected voting delegate and Director Gary Waninger alternate to the 2022 Indiana Electric Cooperatives Annual Meeting to be held Dec. 5-6.
11. Director Randy Kleaving was elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Indiana Electric Cooperatives director for 2023.
12. Director Waninger reported on the NRECA regional meeting held Sept. 7-8. Director Chris Burroughs reported on the CFC meeting held in conjunction with the NRECA regional meeting.
13. Director Kleaving reported on an IEC board meeting held Sept. 19.
14. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Oct. 26, at 7 p.m.