In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Sept. 19 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present were System Engineer Todd Hammond, Line Superintendent Steve Fortwendel and Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum along with Jim Bridges of Distribution System Solutions.
2. The Aug. 29 board meeting minutes and special board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The directors report was reviewed and approved.
5. The 2019-2022 work plan presented by Bridges was the first item of business. After board and staff discussion, the board adopted a resolution to approve the work plan as presented.
6. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert provided a Cooperatives One update.
b. Seibert reviewed a proposal from Catalyst Consulting LLC to assist Southern Indiana Power in performing a cost of service and rate design study.
c. Seibert reported he met with Perry County Development Corp.’s new CEO Todd Mosby.
d. Seibert discussed 2018 member information meeting dates and locations. Meetings will be held in October. Invitations will be sent to randomly selected members in each district.
e. Seibert reported the following upcoming meeting dates: legislative meeting Sept. 25, IEC community day Oct. 12, Operation Round Up board of trustees meeting Oct. 24.
7. Seibert presented directors with results of the 2018 CFC key ratio trend analysis (KRTA) report.
8. Jon Elkins, job training and safety instructor with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted URD switching/ URD trailer safety training in September.
9. Directors reviewed section four, director qualifications, of the NRECA good governance task force report.
10. A wage and salary committee meeting has been scheduled for Nov. 14.
11. Director Philip Meyer was selected voting delegate and Director G. Waninger alternate to the 2018 Indiana Electric Cooperatives’ annual meeting to be held Dec. 3-4.
12. Director Randy Kleaving was elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Indiana Electric Cooperatives director for 2019.
13. Seibert reported on the NRECA regional meeting held Sept. 6-7.
14. Seibert reported on the NRUCFC regional meeting held in conjunction with the NRECA regional meeting.
15. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wed., Oct. 31 at 7 p.m.