What you need:
- 1 large piece of paper at least the width of your wingspan (in other words when your arms are outstretched). Bulletin board paper or the reverse side of wrapping paper works great! We used paper that was 4 feet across.
- 1 pencil
- Colored markers or crayons
- Large envelope (if mailing)
What to do:
- Lie on the large piece of paper with outstretched arms. The paper should be horizontal, and the bottom edge of the paper can be at your waist or hips.
- Ask a parent, sibling or friend to trace an outline of your body using a pencil.
- Draw a face and color the paper version of you using crayons or markers!
- Cut out the paper person.
- Fold the paper. Include a saying, such as “This big hug is for you. Happy Grandparents’ Day!”
- Tuck it into a large envelope to mail.
Send us a picture of your big hug! Email us at email@example.com.