Marshall County REMC has partnered with the Boy Scouts of America for a local food drive. Now through May 31, the REMC will have a collection box located in the front lobby. Please consider bringing in shelf-stable food items to help support the Boy Scouts of America’s Scouting For Food initiative. All food will be shared locally within the community.
Examples of food needed:
- Canned meat and fish including tuna, chicken, pork, ham, Spam.
- Peanut butter and grape jelly.
- Low-sodium canned vegetables including whole kernel corn, green beans, mixed vegetables and diced tomatoes.
- Canned soups, stews, chili and chowders.
- Boxed meals including macaroni and cheese, lasagna, Cheeseburger Helper.
- Shelf-stable, low-fat and powdered milk.
- Canned beans including kidney, red, black and northern.
- Boxed breakfast cereals.
- Healthy snacks including microwavable popcorn, granola bars, peanuts, pretzels, low-fat pudding packs.
- Baking products including cooking oil, sugar, flour and salt.
- Condiments including ketchup, mustard and vinegar.
*No glass jars, please.