Each grant cycle brings new opportunities for our members to help the community through the Operation Round Up program.
The co-op is grateful for the more than 70% of members who participate in the program, allowing their electric bills to be rounded up to the nearest dollar each month. These cents are then kept locally through community grants given twice a year.
Organizations awarded funding from the latest distribution of the SIREC Community Trust Fund, include:
- Spencer County EMA was awarded $1,000 to purchase 40 training tourniquets.
- New Boston Volunteer Fire Department received $5,000 to purchase a used fire truck from St. Meinrad fire department.
- Fulda Sportsman Club was granted $1,800 to purchase two commercial grade insulated doors.
- Stir-N-Up Hope received $700 to purchase a laptop to improve record keeping and staff efficiency.
- Paddle Perry was awarded $500 to purchase eight marine radios, safety equipment, EZ up tent, tow ropes and a first aid kit.
The next cycle grant and scholarship applications will be avaible on our website Jan. 1, 2021.