Brush upkeep and tree trimming does more than keep your yard looking nice, it’s a vital part to keeping your power flowing efficiently and safely! We know that this kind of maintenance can be a dangerous business. That’s why we contract trained, certified vegetation control specialists to take care of summer foliage that may pose a risk to the functionality of your electricity.
The Daltons, Inc., will be performing upkeep as part of our right-of-way maintenance spraying program. Its focus will be on brush and small vegetation control in the areas shown on the system map. This work has been certified by the Indiana State Chemist and all herbicides used will be EPA-approved. During this spray operation, The Daltons will take care to avoid sensitive areas (such as front yards, tree plantations, ornamental plantings, crops, gardens, lakes and streams) adjacent to the right-of-way. Contract crews will be working in the following areas:
- Starke County: Jackson, Center, Railroad, Washington, North Bend, California, Oregon, Davis and Wayne townships.
- All KV REMC service locations in Pulaski and Marshall counties.
If you prefer to maintain the right-of-way adjacent to your land in some other fashion, such as mowing, please follow these instructions:
- Call The Daltons at 574-267-7511 with your questions about or problems with this right-of-way maintenance operation.
- Post a sign on the right-of-way at each end of your property that reads “NO SPRAYING.” Make sure it’s legible and visible from the roadway.
- Make sure brush is removed within the site by June 27 and the site continues to be maintained.