Following the fourth quarter of 2017, the Operation Round Up board of advisors is happy to report that five local organizations received funding for community development projects around Steuben County.
These grantees include:
- Junior Achievement serving Steuben County for educational programming in Steuben County schools, teaching local kindergarten through 12th grade students about entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy.
- Boomerang Backpacks for its take-home food backpack program in Steuben County.
- McMillen Health for educational programming in Steuben County schools, teaching K-12 students about the dangers of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and other health-related issues.
- Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry for its “Meat the Need” program that distributes donated meat to local residents in need.
- Orland Volunteer Fire Department for a thermal imaging camera.
We are happy to provide support and encouragement to these worthy individuals and organizations. Without the efforts of these willing volunteers and organizers, these communities would not thrive and grow as they have. Thank you for your continued work to provide for our local citizens.