Microwave Chow Mein
Microwave Chow Mein Recipe
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 2 (5-oz. each) cans sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- 2 cups cooked meat (chicken or pork), diced
- 2 (4-oz. each) cans mushroom pieces and stems, undrained
- 2 cups thinly and diagonally sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
In 3-quart casserole dish, stir together soy sauce and cornstarch. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Microwave on high for 20-25 minutes, stirring well after 10 minutes. Stir before serving. Serve over rice or chow mein noodles. Serves 4-6.
Linda Rapp, Columbus, Ind.