- 5 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 5 cups diced or sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1½ cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 t. ground cinnamon, divided
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ cup butter, cut into pats
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
Preheat over to 400 F. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, apples, and dried cranberries. In a small bowl, combine ½ cup brown sugar, 1 t. cinnamon, and salt. Add to sweet potato mixture, tossing to combine. Spoon mixture into 13-by-9-inch pan. Dot with butter pats. In a small bowl, combine oats, 1 cup brown sugar, flour, and 1 t. cinnamon. Stir in melted butter. Spoon evenly over casserole. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 30 minutes.
Oat/cinnamon topping can be doubled if you don’t think it’s enough.
Marie James, LaGrange, Ind.