Operation Round Up was started in 2010 as a way to give back to PPEC’s communities. PPEC members have donated more than $1,000,000 back to the community since its inception. Groups in both Ohio and Indiana can apply for funding.
The most recent donation recipients include:
- American Red Cross of Northeast Indiana — $1,000 to provide home fire relief services for the PPEC area.
- Antwerp Chamber — $250 for renting lifts for mural artists.
- Antwerp School — $1,000 to purchase an AED for the concession stand.
- Black Swamp Boy Scouts — $500 to provide funding for camp registration for PPEC-area kids.
- Caring and Sharing Food Pantry — $1,000 to provide funding for the weekend food program at Oakwood Elementary School.
- Children’s Hunger Alliance — $1,000 to provide funding for weekend meal packs for Antwerp School.
- Continental Fire Department — $1,834 to purchase two water rescue suits.
- Lima Symphony Orchestra — $1,000 to cover the cost of the Young People’s Concert for PPEC-area students.
- Madison Township Allen County Indiana Park — $1,500 to provide funding for the Hoagland Old School Park.
- Paulding Area Chamber — $250 for the Leadership in Action program.
- Putnam County Special Olympics — $500 for the yearly fees and uniforms for state games.
- Paulding County Hospital Foundation — $250 for catering costs for a fundraising lunch.
- Paulding High School — $500 to cover the cost of the Personal Growth and Positive Mindset class.
- Putnam County YMCA — $1,000 for swim lessons for second graders.
- United Way of Putnam County — $500 for Dolly Parton Imagination Library books.
- Woodlan Band Boosters — $1,000 to provide funding for a wall section of retrofit for a semi-trailer.
Organizations can apply for Operation Round Up assistance by contacting Paulding Putnam Electric Co-op’s Marketing and Communications Manager Samantha Kuhn at email@example.com or visiting ppec.coop/operation-round.