Following the first quarter of 2017, the Operation Round Up board of advisors is happy to report that several local organizations received funding for community projects around Steuben County. These grantees include:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of NEIN for the school buddy program;
- YMCA of Steuben County for the Splash program;
- Steuben County Lakes Council for water quality testing;
- Heaven Sent Preschool for child development associate classes and training; and
- 12 local festivals, fairs and events, including the Hamilton Area Chamber of Commerce for Hamilton Days, the Pleasant Lake Days Festival, Prairie Heights Heritage Days, the Steuben County 4-H Fair, the Ashley-Hudson Chamber for Ashley-Hudson Festival, the City of Angola for the 4th of July Celebration and the Downtown Cruise In, the Fort Wayne Philharmonic for the Patriotic Pops Concert, Stroh Days, Fremont Area Chamber for Music Fest, the Orland Chamber of Commerce for Orland Days, and Angola Balloons Aloft.
We are happy to provide support and encouragement to these worthy individuals and organizations. Without the efforts of these willing volunteers and organizers, these communities would not thrive and grow as they have. Thank you for your continued work to provide for our local citizens.