In an effort to keep you informed of your Cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Oct. 26 board meeting:
1. All directors were in attendance along with President/CEO Steve Seibert, Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton and Manager of Finance & Accounting Amy Ramsey.
2. The Sept. 28 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
7. As the first item of new business, the board approved the IRS Form 990 as presented by Ramsey.
8. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert informed the board IEC has announced their next Project Indiana trip to Peña Roja, Guatemala in 2023. The project will extend electricity to 26 homes.
b. Seibert reported on CFC capital credits and member securities.
c. Seibert reported on UUS capital credits.
d. Seibert informed directors 1997 capital credit retirement checks will be mailed on Nov. 16.
e. Seibert provided a Riverview Energy update.
f. Seibert provided a PCDC update.
g. Seibert reviewed the 2021 distributed generation report.
h. Seibert discussed 2023-2026 work plan bids.
i. Seibert provided an update on the Cost of Service Study.
j. Seibert reviewed the following upcoming meeting dates: Southern Indiana Power strategic planning, Nov. 17-18; IEC legislative dinner, Nov. 21; IEC Annual Meeting Dec. 5-6; employee Christmas party, Dec. 10.
9. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
10. The board approved a 2023 corporate sponsorship to United Way.
11. Director Gary Waninger reported on an Operation Round Up trustees meeting held on Oct. 25. Four grant applications totaling $8,960 were approved for funding.
12. Director Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Oct. 10.
13. Director Randy Kleaving reported on an Indiana Electric Cooperatives board meeting held Oct. 19.
14. Director training information was presented to the board.
15. The cooperative received thank you notes from St. Meinrad Rocks and Junior Achievement – Perry District.
16. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 6 p.m.