In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Oct. 28 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with president/CEO Steve Seibert and administrative assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Sept. 30, 2020, board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The director report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
7. The first item of new business was the CEO report with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert informed the board the cooperative will continue a normal work schedule for November, still following CDC guidelines.
b. Seibert provided a capital credits update. Checks for the retirement of 1995 capital credits are scheduled to go out in November.
c. Seibert reported Southern Indiana Power employees participated in a flu shot clinic provided by CVS.
d. Seibert provided a CFC patronage capital report.
e. Seibert reviewed the NRECA regional meeting that was held virtually on Oct. 14.
f. Seibert informed directors the Indiana Electric Cooperatives annual meeting will be held virtually on Dec. 7.
8. Seibert discussed the distributed generation rate for consumers with small power generation systems up to 50 kW. The 2021 avoided cost rate for members who produce energy and sell it back on the electric grid will remain the same as the 2020 rate of $0.0326/kWh.
9. Chuck Tiemann, safety and risk management instructor with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted burn safety training on Oct. 12. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
10. Director Gary Waninger reported on an Operation Round Up trustees meeting held on Oct. 14. Five grant applications totaling $9,000 were approved for funding.
11. Director G. Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Oct. 12.
12. Director Randy Kleaving reported on an Indiana Electric Cooperatives board meeting held Oct. 21.
13. The cooperative received thank you notes from James Johnson and Junior Achievement – Perry district.
14. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Nov. 18, at 6 p.m.