In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the May 25 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The April 27 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The directors’ report was reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy wholesale power cost tracker (WPCT). The board approved an increase to the wholesale power cost tracker effective July 1.
7. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband
project with PSC.
8. The board approved a change to the 2023 annual meeting date. The 2023 annual meeting will be held Thursday, April 20.
9. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported the cooperative continues to monitor local
b. Seibert provided a 2021 property tax report.
c. Seibert reported the cooperative will use two spray crews this
year. They will begin May 31.
d. Seibert informed the board the cooperative has contracted
with USIC to conduct locates.
e. Seibert reported on a cost-of-service study kickoff meeting
held May 12.
f. Seibert reported the following meeting dates — ACES
Member conference, June 2-3; employee/director health
screening, June 13; Spencer County Chamber annual
dinner, June 16; and CFC Forum, June 20-22.
10. Cory Berg, training and safety instructor at Hoosier Energy, performed rigging safety training on May 11. Chris Gerald, safety and risk management instructor at IEC, provided annual audiograms on May 20. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
11. An annual meeting committee meeting has been scheduled for July 12.
12. The board approved participation in the NRUCFC Cooperative System Integrity Fund.
13. Seibert discussed the cooperatives potential membership in Accord.
14. Director Gary Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy board meeting held on May 9.
15. Director Randy Kleaving reported on the NRECA Legislative Conference held May 2-3.
16. Directors were provided updated committee assignments.
17. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be Thursday, June 30.