What you need:
- One pair of scissors
- One cardboard box or lid
- Wrapping paper or construction paper (optional)
- Large craft sticks
- Low-temperature hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Utility knife
What to do:
- If using a cardboard box with flaps, cut off flaps.
- Cover inside of box with wrapping paper or construction paper to make box colorful (optional).
- Glue two craft sticks on top of each other for extra strength. Repeat until you have enough for your maze.
- Begin gluing the thin sides of the craft stick pairs to the inside of the cardboard box using a low-temperature hot glue gun. Cut craft sticks with scissors if you need shorter sizes.
- Create a path for the marbles to follow.
- Once glue solidifies, ask a parent to cut a small opening at the top of the box using a utility knife. The opening must be large enough to fit a marble.
- Drop the marble into the hole and watch it roll through the course.
- If the marble bounces off a craft stick when dropped through the maze, glue additional craft sticks perpendicular to the original craft stick pairs to keep the marble traveling along the path.
Send a photo of your completed marble run to email@example.com, and we’ll share the photo on social media!