POWER MOVES® recently released the 2017 energy efficiency rebates. And, back by popular demand, the LED program has returned for another year.
If you are looking to upgrade the lighting in your home from incandescents to LEDs, this rebate is perfect for you. This year’s program allows you to be reimbursed up to $3 for each LED that you purchase. In addition, you will be allowed to purchase 30 LEDs this year. This is an increase from the quantity allowed in 2016.
Here are the details:
- Must be replacing incandescent lightbulbs.
- The LED must be branded with the ENERGY STAR® logo.
- Must be a KVREMC member.
- May purchase up to 30 LEDs this year under the program.
Don’t want to mess with filling out paperwork or waiting on a rebate check? Kankakee Valley REMC will again be selling a small variety of LEDs at the office and offering an instant rebate. When purchasing them at the cooperative the price will start at $1 each (tax included in the price) for each LED. The following LED varieties will be available:
- 60-watt equivalent: 9W, 2,700K (soft white) — $1
- 60-watt equivalent: 10W, 5,000K (daylight) — $1
- 65-watt equivalent: 12W, 2,700K can light — $2
If you wish to purchase your LEDs elsewhere, the form to submit for a rebate valued at up to $3 is available at powermoves.com.