In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the July 27 board meeting.
1. All directors were present. Also present were CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The June 30 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates were reviewed.
4. The vouchers were reviewed and approved.
5. The directors’ reports were reviewed and approved.
6. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
7. Chairman Vogel provided revised committee assignments.
8. As the first item of new business, the CEO report was given with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported the cooperative continues to
monitor local COVID-19 data and follow CDC
b. Seibert reported two spray crews are ongoing.
c. Seibert provided a 2023-2026 work plan update.
d. Seibert capital credit notices will be mailed to
inactive members on July 27.
e. Seibert discussed the Utility Receipts Tax repeal.
f. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: IEC
Lineman Rodeo, Aug. 25-26; NRECA Regional
Meeting, Sept. 7-8; Southern Indiana Power
Strategic Planning, Nov. 17-18; and IEC Annual
Meeting, Dec. 5-6.
9. The next safety meeting is scheduled for Friday, July 29. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents, and no public liability claims to report.
10. CEO and board evaluation forms were distributed.
11. A wage and salary committee meeting has been scheduled for Aug. 24.
12. Seibert reported on an annual meeting committee meeting held July 12.
13. Director G. Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy Board meeting held July 18.
14. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be Wednesday, Aug. 31.