In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Jan. 23 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and administrative assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present was system engineer Todd Hammond.
- The Dec. 27, 2018, board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- Hammond provided an update from the engineering department.
- The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert provided directors with a Cooperatives One update.
b. Seibert reported the NRECA director election will be held Feb. 20 at IEC
for the election of an Indiana director to serve on the NRECA board.
c. Seibert provided a 2019 NRECA CEO Conference report.
d. Seibert reported Journeyman Lineman Travis Goffinet will participate in
the 2019 IEC Project Indiana effort.
e. Seibert updated the board on a 2019 cost of service study.
f. Seibert reported on the 2018 Hoosier Energy capital credit allocation.
g. Seibert provide a 2018 renewable energy report to directors.
h. Seibert reported on the INDOT I-64 Dale rest area potential closing.
i. Seibert reported the following dates: LEDC annual meeting – Jan. 25;
NRECA director’s conference – Feb. 10-12; NRECA annual meeting –
- The board approved the inventory adjustment for the year ending Dec. 31, 2018.
- Chuck Tiemann, safety and risk management instructor with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, provided safety leadership training on Jan. 23. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- The board reviewed section 8 of the NRECA good governance task force report.
- 2019 committee assignments were reviewed by Chairman Jeff Vogel.
- Seibert updated directors on an annual meeting committee meeting held Jan. 15. The 2019 annual meeting will be held Tuesday, April 16, at the Spencer County Youth and Community Center. Activities and times will remain the same as last year.
- A Youth Tour committee meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 21, at 5:30 p.m.
- Director Gary Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy board meeting held Jan. 14.
- Director Randy Kleaving was selected delegate to the Hoosier Energy annual meeting to be held April 4.
- Waninger was re-elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Hoosier Energy director for 2019.
- Director training opportunities were reviewed.
- The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be held Wednesday, Feb. 27, and Wednesday, March 27.