In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Jan. 24 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and administrative assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present were President/CEO Steve Smith and Vice President of Power Supply Dave Sandefur, both of Hoosier Energy.
2. The Dec. 20 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. Steve Smith, Hoosier Energy CEO, presented a patronage capital credit check for 1993 retirement to Chairman Jeff Vogel. Smith gave a brief update focusing on Hoosier Energy’s 2017 performance results and key issues facing Hoosier Energy and the electric utility industry.
5. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert updated directors on the city of
Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert reported on a 2017 Hoosier
Energy patronage capital allocation.
c. Seibert provided a 2018 NRECA CEO
d. Seibert discussed the 2017 member
meeting survey results.
e. Seibert reviewed a renewable energy
report for 2017.
f. Seibert provided a 2017 NISC capital
g. Seibert updated directors on the MISO
345 kV line project.
h. Seibert reported on a Hoosier Energy
manager’s association meeting.
i. Seibert reported he attended a Perry
County Port Authority board meeting.
j. Seibert reported the following dates:
LEDC annual meeting – Jan. 26; IEC legislative meeting – Feb. 15-16; NRECA annual meeting – Feb. 25-28; NRECA directors’ conference – March 26-28; NRECA legislative conference – April 8-11.
6. The board approved the inventory adjustment for the year ending Dec. 31, 2017.
7. Chuck Tiemann, safety and risk management instructor with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, provided personal protective equipment, rubber gloves, rubber protective equipment and safety rules review on Jan. 8. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
8. Vogel reviewed 2018 committee assignments.
9. Seibert updated directors on an annual meeting committee meeting held Jan. 22. The 2018 annual meeting will be held Tuesday, April 17, at the Spencer County Youth and Community Center. Activities and times will remain the same as last year.
10. A Youth Tour committee meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 21, at 6:30 p.m.
11. Director Kevin Waninger was selected delegate to the Hoosier Energy annual meeting to be held April 5.
12. Director Gary Waninger was re-elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Hoosier Energy director for 2018.
13. Director training opportunities were reviewed.
14. The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be held Friday, Feb. 23, and Wednesday, March 21.