When is a restaurant not a restaurant?
When it’s so much more than that.
The Homestead, with locations in Remington and West Lafayette, definitely fits the bill as a food industry unicorn.
- It’s a breakfast and lunch spot, offering homemade soups, sandwiches, desserts and a large salad bar amidst a farmstead chic décor.
- It’s a bakery, selling delectable pies, breads, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, cookies, cakes and more.
- It’s a deli where you can pick up Troyer Cheese products including a variety of deli meats so you can make delicious sandwiches at home.
- It’s a catering service for events large and small.
- It’s a place to buy bulk products like candies, pasta, pretzels, spices, jams and jellies, and local honey.
- It’s your sanity saver if you’re looking to speed up meal prep with frozen casseroles, soups and sweets that are full of flavor — not preservatives or fillers.
No matter what brings you to The Homestead, the overriding goal of owners Mike and Jody Bahler and their staff is to simplify and enhance their customers’ lives with tasty, foods that hearken back to the good ol’ days. Simply put, they want their customers to feel at home whenever they visit their locations … and they want them to enjoy home-cooked meals like Mama used to make.
Sandwiches shine at The Homestead. The Homestead Stack — ham, turkey, salami, melted Colby cheese and Thousand Island dressing on a Ciabatta bun — is a restaurant specialty. Fans of Reuben sandwiches should try The Homestead’s version, piled high with corned beef, Guggisberg Baby Swiss, sauerkraut and Thousand Island Dressing. The Reuben’s signature flavors are replicated in the Reuben Bake Casserole, available on the frozen food menu.
With the holidays approaching, consider stocking up on The Homestead’s seasonal specialties — like Holiday Dressing, Holiday Cheeseballs and pumpkin pies, breads and cake rolls — as a Christmas gift to yourself. And if you’re holiday shopping in the Remington or West Lafayette area take a coffee or smoothie break at The Homestead, and pick up some gifts while you’re there.
If you go …
36 S. Ohio St.
1550 Win Hentschel Blvd.
West Lafayette, Indiana