In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Sept. 28 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
- The Aug. 31 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The directors’ report was reviewed and approved.
- Seibert reported on the cooperatives capital credit retirement plan. Currently 79 percent of active members are claiming capital credit retirement funds for the years of 1988-1989. Capital credit retirement checks are scheduled to be mailed in November.
- The CEO report was the first order of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert updated directors on the city of Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert informed the board the Hoosier Energy 1MW solar project dedication will be Oct. 5.
c. Seibert and Director Gary Waninger attended an IEC legislative meeting.
d. Seibert reported on a UUS patronage capital distribution.
e. Seibert informed the board of a CFC Capital Securities distribution
f. Regional member information meetings will begin in October. Invitations will be sent to randomly selected members in each district.
g. Seibert reported hot line demonstrations were provided to Tots Lots Preschool, Tell City schools, Perry Central schools and Perry County EMA.
h. Seibert reported the Clean Power Plan oral arguments were heard Sept. 27.
i. Seibert informed the board the IEC Project Indiana dates were set for March 12-27.
j. Seibert informed the board IEC’s Community Day will held on Oct. 14.
k. Seibert reported the following upcoming meeting dates: Operation Round Up board of trustees meeting — Oct. 19, IEC legislative dinner — Nov. 21 and IEC annual meeting — Dec. 5-6.
- Seibert discussed Large Power Rate 301 and Low Load Factor Rate 304 with the board.
- Seibert reviewed appendix “B” schedule of nonrecurring charges with directors.
- Terry Adkins, senior loss control risk management specialist of Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted URD switching safety training on Sept. 26. John Bullock, training and safety Specialist with Hoosier Energy, conducted recloser controls safety training on Sept. 14. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- Waninger was selected voting delegate and Director Philip Meyer alternate to Indiana Electric Cooperatives’ annual meeting.
- Director Randy Kleaving was elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s IEC director for 2017.
- Waninger reported on the NRECA regional meeting held Sept. 8-9.
- Waninger and Director Dirk Stein reported on the NRUCFC regional meeting held in conjunction with the NRECA regional meeting.
- A capital credit committee meeting was set for Oct. 11 at 6 p.m.
- The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Thursday, Oct. 20, at 7 p.m.