In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Oct. 20 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
- The Sept. 20 and Sept. 28 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
- The board reviewed and approved changes to Southern Indiana Power rates 301, 302 and 304.
- The board reviewed and approved changes to appendix “B” schedule of nonrecurring charges.
- The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert provided an update on the proposed annexation by the city of Tell City.
b. Seibert and Directors Gary Waninger and Randy Kleaving attended the Hoosier Energy 1 MW solar dedication on Oct. 5.
c. Seibert reported on a CFC patronage capital allocation and retirement.
d. Seibert informed the board member information meetings are ongoing.
e. Seibert reported the IEC Community Day projects that Southern Indiana Power participated in on Oct. 14 were at the Derby Community Center and Lincoln Trail Elementary School.
f. Seibert informed the board the town of Troy will be ending its power supply contract with Hoosier Energy and will be entering into an agreement with IMPA.
g. Seibert reported IEC’s Project Indiana in El Zapotillo, Guatemala, will be March 12-27, 2017.
h. The board approved a corporate donation to United Way.
i. Seibert informed directors of the following dates: Indiana Electric Cooperatives’ Legislative Dinner — Nov. 21; Indiana Electric Cooperatives’ Annual Meeting — Dec. 5-6.
- Chuck Tiemann, senior risk management/regulatory consultant with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted a personal truck, tool, and winch line inspection on Oct. 7. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- Seibert reported on a capital credits committee meeting held Oct. 11.
- Waninger reported on an Operation Round Up trustees meeting held on Oct. 19. Nine grant applications totaling $17,491.35 were approved for funding.
- Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Oct. 10.
- Kleaving reported on an Indiana Electric Cooperatives board meeting held Oct. 19.
- Chairman Jeff Vogel was selected delegate and Waninger alternate to the 2017 NRECA annual meeting.
- Waninger was selected delegate and Vogel alternate to the 2017 CFC annual meeting to be held in conjunction with the NRECA annual meeting.
- The cooperative received thank you notes from South Spencer High School, Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana Inc. and St. Mark’s Catholic Church for donations made.
- The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Nov. 30 at 6 p.m.