In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Jan. 25 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present were Steve Smith, Hoosier Energy’s president/CEO, and Randy Haymaker, Hoosier Energy’s director of public affairs.
- The Dec. 28, 2016, board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- Smith presented a patronage capital credit check to Chairman Jeff Vogel. Smith gave a brief update focusing on Hoosier Energy’s 2016 performance results and key issues facing Hoosier Energy and the electric utility industry.
- The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reported LS Power, Hoosier Energy and Big Rivers were the bid winners for the MISO 345 KV Duff-Coleman project.
b. Seibert updated directors on a fatality at WIN Energy REMC.
c. Seibert reported a 2016 Hoosier Energy patronage capital allocation.
d. Seibert provided a 2016 NRECA CEO conference report.
e. Seibert informed directors of Hoosier Energy’s 2017 renewable energy survey that will be conducted in the near future.
f. Seibert and Hoosier Energy Key Accounts Manager Renee Campbell attended a ground breaking for Superior Ag on Jan. 3.
g. Seibert; Vogel; Gary Waninger, director; Karen Mangum, office/IT manager; and Steve Fortwendel, line superintendent, attended the Spencer County LEDC luncheon on Jan. 13.
h. Seibert reported on an AEP, Vectren, Hoosier Energy and Southern Indiana Power AK Steel joint operating committee meeting on Jan. 23 held at Southern Indiana Power.
i. Jody French has been awarded a PCDC LEDO scholarship from Hoosier Energy.
j. Seibert reported the following dates: Spencer County Chamber dinner – Jan. 26; NRECA annual meeting – Feb. 26 to March 1; Project Indiana – March 12 to 27; NRECA directors’ conference – April 1 to 4.
- The board approved the inventory adjustment for the year ending Dec. 31, 2016.
- Terry Adkins, senior loss control/risk management specialist, provided personal protective equipment, rubber gloves, rubber protective equipment and safety rules review on Jan. 20. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- 2017 committee assignments were reviewed by Vogel.
- Seibert updated directors on an annual meeting committee meeting held Jan. 23. The 2017 annual meeting will be held Tuesday, April 18, at the Spencer County Youth and Community Center. Activities and times will remain the same as last year.
- A Youth Tour committee meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 23, at 6 p.m.
- A policy and bylaw committee meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 21, at 8 a.m.
- Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Jan. 16.
- Director Randy Kleaving was selected as the delegate to Hoosier Energy’s annual meeting, which will be held on April 13.
- Waninger was re-elected to serve as Southern Indiana Power’s Hoosier Energy director for 2017.
- The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be held Wednesday, Feb. 22, and Wednesday, March 22.